Join us the first weekend in October in a gentle cocoon of curious and brave women to explore your own wild hearted beauty. We only have two spaces left, and the women who are already committed are truly a gift. This is a time and place to nurture and nourish yourself, letting go of human-doing and moving into human-being. Gift yourself the time and space to explore your own deep visions and intuitive knowing in the river beneath the river.
Clarissa Pinkola Estés, Woman Who Run With the Wolves
“Each woman has potential access to Rio Abajo Rio, this river beneath the river. She arrives there through deep meditation, dance, writing, painting, prayermaking, singing, drumming, active imagination, or any activity which requires an intense altered consciousness….And even with these well-crafted practices, much of what occurs in this ineffable world remains forever mysterious to us, for it breaks physical laws and rational laws as we know them.”
The Rio Abajo Rio is a deeply potent and catalytic place. It is the gateway to our wild beauty, our true potential unleashed when we integrate our shadow and our light. Living between the worlds, our unique visions bring magic, myth and mystery to the earthly sphere feeding ourselves and the collective. Creativity, divination, and communing with the spirits and the land have the potential to unlock your hidden rainbows in the dark and the Oracle of Initiation divination deck was created to navigate these rich underworld territories.
- When: Friday, October 3rd, 2014 at 6 PM to Sunday the 5th at 2pm
- Where: 1.5 hours from Seattle, WA at a wooded sanctuary on Camano Island
- Cost: $425: to sign up now, write checks to *Melissa Weiss Steele* and send them in care of Virginia Carhart Haedt at 533 Harvard Ave E, Seattle, WA 98102. For Paypal please email Mellissae at: email@example.com
- Included: Lodging in a beautiful home on magical land; copious amounts of cool art supplies and Oracle of Initiation decks to explore; and a strong, sacred container to open into yourself in gentle and beautiful ways, with other juicy women
- Food: meals are team purchased and prepared by attendees-one meal per team
- Facilitators: Mellissae Lucia, the Oracle of Initiation, and Virginia Carhart Haedt co-facilitating some pieces, as well as being the organizational goddess
Artist and adventurer Mellissae lives the wild heart of initiation, having birthed the Oracle of Initiation deck during a seven-year vision quest after the death of her husband. Dancing alone and nude, ritually painted within subterranean graffiti tunnels in New Mexico to create the Oracle, she reclaimed her instinctive freedom through discovering her rainbows in the dark-the paradox of our unique beauty hidden in our shadows. www.OracleofInitiation.com
Virginia Carhart Haedt is a student of Noyes Rhythm, a women’s movement-based mystery tradition going back 100 years, modern eclectic Shamanism, and Accounting. She brings 10+ years experience leading circles, dances and rituals in the NW. Her personal practice includes collage as divination. Her roots go back to the wilds of Connecticut and the beaches of Cape Cod, where she was dancing with the elements and leaving gifts for the Fey before she knew their names. She is ecstatic to join us!